Thread: MyBB hosting

Question MyBB hosting

Hi,

I have my MyBB forum at Arvixe.com which I installed using Softaculous (www.softaculous.com) .
    Do you provide free shifting and or Softaculous to maintain updates ?

Thanks for your interest in MacHighway. We don't currently offer Softaculous, however, all of our hosting plans come with SimpleScripts which is an alternative quick installation platform. You can find a full list of scripts offered through SimpleScripts on our hosting plans page here:
    http://www.machighway.com/hostingplans.php
    Last edited by MacHighway_Ryan; 04-06-2012 at 01:42 PM.
    Ryan C.
    MacHighway Support

Quote Originally Posted by micor View Post
    Do you provide free shifting
    Probably not you will need to move MyBB files and database to MacHighway servers. You can probably find out how to do this on MyBB website.

Quote Originally Posted by micor View Post
    Softaculous to maintain updates ?
    The one click installing software packages normally require you to use them to install the package as you most likely want to move your install from another provider you most likely will have to do upgrades yourself, There is a document available here on MyBB website.

You could probably get this working but it would most likely be just as difficult as doing a manual upgrade to set up.

it would require 2 separate installations and upgrade and then transfer and then another transfer. not to mention making sure all the versions are identical.

Quote Originally Posted by MacHighway_Ryan View Post
    Thanks for your interest in MacHighway. We don't currently offer Softaculous, however, all of our hosting plans come with SimpleScripts which is an alternative quick installation platform. You can find a full list of scripts offered through SimpleScripts
    SimpleScripts Doesn't appear to have MyBB. "Quickinstall" has MyBB as an option but I don't know of this is available on all accounts.

Not yet a MacHighway customer? If you found my comments or posts helpful please consider using my affiliate link. it is completely optional but really does help.
    Last edited by Kyle-K; 10-01-2012 at 05:55 AM.
    KyleKreusch.org: Website | Facebook | Twitter
    My Business: IT Solutions and Consulting + Web Services and development.