Thread: PHP script with blog package

PHP script with blog package

I though I'd posted this, but its not showing up, so sorry if this is a double post.

I have the blog package (using wordpress), and I'm discovering that my basic HTML and CSS skills are no help when it comes to PHP. I have a PHP script that I found online that I want to run on my site, but I can't figure out how to set it up...I figured out the FTP so I can upload the files, but thats as far as I've gotten. Can someone walk me through, baby steps, how to set up a 2nd page to run the script on and how to put it on there?

The easiest way to get that setup would be to get the script up and running and then setup a link to it from somewhere within your WordPress site. Integrating the script within the site is likely going to be a bit harder. If you can let us know what script you are trying to setup we may be able to help point you in the right direction, or even recommend an existing WordPress plugin which provides the same functionality.

Actually what I ended up doing (which turned out to be so much easier) was I found an add-on for WP that allows me to put PHP into the WP pages/comments/posts and did it that way. Works remarkably well too.

Great, i'm glad to hear that. If you have a chance and could post a link to the plugin you found that could help other customers stumbling across this thread.
    Ryan C.
    MacHighway Support

I used http://www.zehnet.de/2009/02/25/word...cution-plugin/ Technically it says its not been tested on the current version of WP, but it works just fine for me, and it worked better than some of the similer plugins availible.